- 17 Oct 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
- Updated on 17 Oct 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Welcome to N3uron
Welcome to N3uron, the next generation of accessible, scalable, and data-centric IIoT software. N3uron was designed from the ground up to be approachable and easy to get started with, at the same time as being highly flexible and easy to scale up for larger projects. This guide aims to provide an introduction to N3uron and its architecture, so you can get started as soon as possible.
N3uron is a complete Industrial Edge Platform for DataOps that enables seamless integration between the industrial plant floor and third-party applications, whether on-premise or in the cloud.
With N3uron, you can easily create bidirectional data pipelines between OT and IT systems and decouple devices from applications by consolidating, modeling, and processing all your operational data in a single source of truth and ultimately making all this data available across the entire organization.
N3uron is a modular platform, meaning that its functionality can be adapted to the specific needs of each application using different modules. The following connectors allow data to be exchanged with other systems:
Data Acquisition Modules
This set of N3uron modules is responsible for collecting any signals originating from components placed within the industrial plant. All of our modules include the leading Automation System Vendor Protocols in order to meet the diverse needs of each and every company.
- ABB VIP Client: Straightforward connectivity to ABB PLCs AC400, 450, 500 and 800 over Vendor Internet Protocol (VIP).
- Acquisuite XML Collector: HTTP collector for the Acquisuite-XML protocol. Receives and extracts data from the XML files received from Acquisuite dataloggers.
- Aurora Client: Client driver for PowerOne, ABB and Fimer solar PV inverters supporting Aurora protocol.
- BACnet Client: Enables seamless connectivity to BACnet-compatible devices, providing real-time data monitoring and control capabilities.
- CAISO ADS Client: Enables the integration with the Automated Dispatch System (ADS) of the California Independent System Operator (CAISO).
- Custom Client: User-configurable client driver for building any communication protocol.
- Data Importer: Enables data imports from CSV files.
- DNP Client: Client driver for DNP3 TCP/serial compatible slaves.
- Domino Client: TCP/serial driver for Domino industrial printers supporting Codenet protocol.
- Farell Client: Provides reliable connections to the UMB and TAF series of Farell's RTUs via Ethernet or serial communications.
- IEC 102 Client: Client driver for electrical meters using IEC 60870-5-102 protocol.
- Mettler Toledo Client: Client driver for Mettler Toledo scales using SICS and Gareco protocols.
- Modbus Client: Modbus TCP/RTU client driver.
- MQTT Client: Acts as a subscriber to enable data to be received from any MQTT broker.
- OPC DA Client: Driver for connecting to any OPC DA compliant server.
- OPC UA Client: Driver for connecting to any OPC UA compliant server.
- OPC XML Client: Driver for connecting to any OPC XML DA compliant server.
- REST API Client: Communicates to REST API Servers and extracts all data from the response. Supports JSON and XML formats.
- Siemens Client: Siemens S7 TCP client driver.
- SMA Client: Connect to SMA inverters and junction boxes using SMA Net and Sunny Net protocols.
- SNMP Client: Seamlessly integrate monitoring and analyzing of Managed and Unmanaged SNMP supported Ethernet network devices.
- SolarMax Client: Connect N3uron to SolarMax devices which support the MaxComm protocol.
- SQL Client: SQL client driver compatible with SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL.
- Vdma XML Client: driver for connecting to any VDMA XML compliant server.
- Xantrex Client: Client driver for Xantrex GT solar inverters with a CCU2 board.
Data Delivery Modules
This set of N3uron modules are in charge of delivering any signals collected by Data Acquisition Modules to major cloud service providers such as Azure, AWS, Google or IBM, as well as to any of the main SCADA systems currently available on the market, such as Wonderware, Ignition and others, for their subsequent data analysis.
- Data Diode: UDP unidirectional data sender and receiver. Permits to send data securely through a unidirectional hardware data-diode.
- Data Exporter: XML and CSV data aggregator and file exporter.
- DNP Server: DNP3 server (slave) to provide data to any DNP3 compatible client.
- Modbus Server: Modbus server (slave) supporting Modbus TCP and RTU encapsulated.
- MQTT Client: MQTT publisher/subscriber compatible with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or any standard MQTT broker.
- Notifier: Enables messages containing alarms and tag values to be sent to a group of users via Email and SMS notifications.
- OPC UA Server: OPC UA server.
- REST API Client: REST client to send data using REST methods like POST, PUT and PATCH.
- REST API Server: REST server interface for real-time data, historical data and system status.
- Sparkplug Client: Designed to publish N3uron’s tags via MQTT, transforming them and their properties into Sparkplug MQTT Topic and Payload format.
- SQL Client: SQL client driver to send data to SQL databases.
- UFL Exporter: Exports data to files ready to be consumed by OSIsoft PI® UFL.
Edge Computing and Visualization Modules
This set of N3uron modules enables connected devices to process data closer to source, or even within the device itself. On the other hand, visualization system software modules are responsible for turning data into graphs for a better data analysis experience.
- Audit Trail: Allows automatic recording of all operations executed in N3uron according to the leading regulatory standards for Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Derived Tags: Configurable derived and aggregated data generator using expressions and data aggregation.
- Historian: High-performance time-series data storage and retrieval.
- Linked Tags: Configurable data linker.
- Modbus Gateway: Modbus TCP/RTU gateway. Permits several Modbus concurrent connections to Modbus devices which only support one connection.
- Redundancy Agent: Connect to a pair of redundant devices or third-party applications, such as PLCs, OPC UA servers, Databases, two remote N3uron nodes, etc.
- Scripting: Advanced scripting based on NodeJS.
- WebUI: Web interface for configuration and commissioning of the N3uron platform.
- Web Vision: Pure web HMI/SCADA interface for industrial applications.